It actually has a dual personality. It is either being able to see or the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom.
Whilst of course the first definition is important the second has greater impact. In fact you don’t need the former in order to create the latter.
If you had to choose one, which one would you choose?
We have coined the term visionary as someone who has the ability to see visions in a dream or trance, but it is also a person with original ideas about what the future will or could be like; but whatever your definition, the tuth is, in all the defining, we miss one key element -‘everybody’.
Yes everyone is (or at least can be) a visionary and by not acknowledging that fact we turn a ‘visionay’ into a unique being that many of us will never evolve into.
So if we choose to recognise everybody as a visionary we open ourselves up to a world of possibilities because everybody includes you.
Stop and think for a moment
When you booked your last holiday or tickets to an event you were eager to attend did you have an image or a picture of yourself there? How you were going to feel or what you were going to experience? Simply put that is a vision and the great thing is the more you were able to see the holiday or the event the more you were able to overcome any obstacles or challenges along the way to get to your desired result.
What would happen if you adopted this same visionary approach to other areas of your life? Who would you be? What more would you be able to accomplish? What story would you begin to tell? Think about the business/career you want, the relationship, the finances etc.
Developing and clarifying a personal vision does not have to be a difficult task, all you need is:
- ‘Me’ time -Pause and free yourself from the challenges of day to day life
- A little bit of soul-searching – Allow yourself to go beyond the surface and connect with your inner being.
- An honest desire to live your dreams – Allow the belief that there is more to your life than you are currently settled for to be your driver.
- A blank canvas – Free your mind of what has been and the limitations of what currently is so that you may look beyond into a space full of possibilities and opportunities.
- Colours – Think/dream in technicolour. Add the vibrancy of your authentic self to your blank canvas and create a vision of who you want to be and how you would like your life/business to show up.
Looking for a good time to start? In the words of Eckhart Tolle “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”